Last week we got the first Nintendo Direct of the year. It was only 40-minutes long, but in that short time we sure did see a lot of games. In fact, to help us remember just how the list of talked about games was – Nintendo published a pretty cool summary image which you can check out below.
There was clearly a lot to focus on. However, undoubtedly one of the bigger reveals was Mario Strikers: Battle League. It’s already launching on the 10th of June and while we got quite a good look at the game during the reveal – including the simply awesome-looking artwork (I mean look at the title image!!) – the Nintendo Site for the game has been updated confirming what we learned and even including a few more details.
- The game size is apparently a simply ridiculous 3.0 GB (Nintendo’s magic compression skills clearly at work).
- Up to 8 players can play on one Nintendo Switch system (4 players on each team)
- 5-on-5, soccer-like sport with no rules
- Customize your characters with gear that can augment their stats and appearance.
- Items available and special ability shots will count for 2 goals instead of 1
- Online play will include the ability to band together with up to 20 strikers online and compete against other clubs for points.
- Online play will also allow you to team up with friends while you strive to become the world’s top club each season (will be interesting to see how Nintendo manages this one)